Friday, March 12, 2010

OMG! I think I have a chance at getting a job IRL now!

Woohoo! I went into my favorite store and saw they had some new people in there working. However, it was like FREAK CENTRAL! Poor manager and the poor lady who's been working there for YEARS now!

Where did they find these people? I have an app from them, so I'm fillingit out tomorrow and getting it back to them. One of the people in charge said they WERE hiring in the next couple weeks, so I'M definitely going to fill out an application and bring it to them!
All they can say is NO! And they actually were going to offer me a job a while back, but I had another job at the time and it created a conflict of time! Silly me, but it WAS a good paying job and this didn't pay even $8 an hour at the time!

Anyway.. I had ANOTHER interview this week IRL. I'm so pleased they'd even CONSIDER me, after all the places I've applied and heard NOTHING from them!
Seemed like NOBODY was interested in me working for them but Freak central people ALWAYS got the jobs!


Well, after seeing this one girl with a huge pin piercing her earlobe to the back of her ear and this other guy with hair like a flipping rooster, I bet the manager has been getting unfavorable comments from the customers or the regular people who often shop here about some of his staff!
I don't really recall strange-looking people shopping here, that's why I like the place, it's just regular folks, it's not something out of S&M dungeon club, which is what ALOT OF Asheville is turning into, sadly enough!

Anyway. I feel hopeful and that's always a good thing. Plus this mild weather is perking my spirits up, though it's raining cats & dogs now.

Wow.. I went out of town again last weeks and actually talked to "normal" people! It's nice to know they STILL exist! : ) It seems some alien space ship has come to Asheville and sucked all the normal people off the terra firm and is holding them hostage somewhere out in space! LOL

Anyway...I'm delighted that TWO business would even be wanting me for their staff! That's very complimentary and they are BOTH places I love to shop! You gotta have that in your line of work, enjoying the type of stuff you do.

Both entail alot of eye candy, and being a visual person, this pleases me much! Well, I was talking to this lady in a sewing store and she said she also encountered some really rude people working for businesses she once enjoyed, and decided that she didn't EVER want to come into that store again!

One was this huge fabric shop which INSISTED she go ahead and cut the bolt of fabric she was holding or put it back immediately! That's bad business. as we sewers are always trying to match up what we find with other fabric!

Then we were discussing one of the sewing stores here in town and I mentioned how they wanted $20 for a stitch N bitch session. She was floored! So I see I'm NOT the only who thinks this way. What a relief! She also said she didn't go out to any of the "trendy" restaurants they are always pressuring us to give business to, since she also had living expenses to meet!
I feel like sometimes that I am the only one in the world who thinks like I do! It's discouraging and makes you feel very lonely and alienated. Nice to see there's like-minded peeps out there in the world still. Bless you God!

Oh, and this business that was really rude to me, a while back, I found out had been run into by some wayward driver and it messes up their whole store! That's odd, but I see that happens alot.. I meet someone who's been really cruel to me, and unfair and eventually their karma catches up with them BIG TIME!
I mean, i don't wish these bad things on people, but God has an odd way of taking care of people! It seems it's NOT a good idea to mess with me, in the experiences I've had in life. The people who were the cruelest or rudest to me, ending up in some really bad straits I had nothing to do with, but God DOES work in mysterious ways, that's for sure!

Okay, well, it's nice to see NO snow for the weekend! Let's hope we don't need BOATS to get out of our houses! Take care bloggers! Be well, be nice & be happy! Life's short! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment