Monday, October 4, 2010

Lack of Opportunities in Asheville, NC

I must say, though the scenery of the mountains are pretty, there are NO job opportunities here. I'm not a stupid, nor a non-trained person either. I have 2 college degrees, but you cannot get a job in McDonalds in this town!

I am started to really hate this town. All these stupid stores which INSIST we spend our money in the local stores. Local stores, who would NEVER, even think to hire me or most of my friends my age, either.
I'm always being forced to leave town to find work! I remember well, how my friend, had to go all the way to the next state to get work, at the same time, his young 18 year old daughter was just giving birth to his first grandchild! How awful that is, but that's the kind of town that Asheville is. No real opportunities to make a decent living here, no matter how skilled or educated you are.

Honestly, the people who have jobs here, I think most of them are only high school grads, not that it's even worth even taking a few courses at the local community college when you consider how low the pay is here.

No opportunities for much of anything here, but wasting your time really! I just cannot believe how negative and yet, very limited in their thinking, on what or whom EXACTLY the merchants of Asheville will allow to be their employees. I see the most unprofessional, not well-mannered clerks and staff in so many of the businesses in this town, but yet, someone who's got loads of experience and is polite, they wouldn't even think to hire!

I hate this town. This place is making me broke......I cannot stand living here no more.. The cliquey people in the bars/nightlife, the low paying work, that gives you no benefits and barely enough to survive, lousy service in every store & eatery you go to, the bad traffic, the horrible roads......

No comments:

Post a Comment